Doctor insights on:
I'm taking nystatin swish swosh and took a small sip of alcohol will I be okay if I don't drink anymore?
My baby was given nystatin for thrush but there is alcohol in it, isn't that dangerous? And there is sugar in it, won't that make it thrush worse?
Probably not,: Unless has been opened and exposed to bacteria that shouldn't be in there. Nystatin is anti-fungal and does not kill bacteria. So if it has been lying around for long period of time, probably best getting a new tube. See prior answers regarding side effects of Nystatin cream. ...Read more
10mth has had Perleche for four mths now. Nystatin didn't help at all have tried everythig even vitams. Is there a stronger med? Please help my baby
Perleche: Kind of rare in an infant, and stays that long, other antifungal agents, or antibiotics may be used, but isolated angular cheilitis in an infant resisting treatment is uncommon, better revise the diagnosis with your doctor or seek a second opinion of a dermatologist, good luck ...Read more
Yes: You have to shop around. Try any of the drug store brands of "anti-fungal" or "anti-yeast" powders. ...Read more
In general: do not recommend use past expiration date. You can discuss further with your pharmacist. ...Read more
What for?: Why was it prescribed in the first place? Tell us more ...Read more
No: NO...it's an ANTIFUNGAL agent and therefore, should not be used on wounds or in situations where lesions are infected or thought to be infected by bacteria or where bacterial colonization is occurring. If you'd like additional information please write me your request to: www.healthtap.com/dr-saghafi ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Magic mouthwash
- Spit tobacco use mouthwash more than toothpaste
- Can you drink on metronidazole gel?
- How much alcohol is in listerine mouthwash?
- Chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash side effects
- Magic mouthwash dosage
- Marys magic mouthwash
- Chlorhexidine gluconate gel
- Nystatin alternatives
- Hibiclens chlorhexidine gluconate solution
- Ingredients in nystatin cream
- Dangers of hydrogen peroxide as mouthwash
- Hydrogen peroxide mouthwash alters taste buds
- Hydrogen peroxide mouthwash side effects
- Mouthwash alcohol
- Is nystatin similar to monistat?
- Oral nystatin
- Ear peroxide alcohol
- Chlorhexidine gluconate medication