Doctor insights on:
Nutritional Shakes For People On Dialysis
Simple answer is that it is a medical technology used primarily to provide an artificial replacement for lost kidney function in people with renal failure. Hemodialysis remove wastes and excess water from the blood by circulating blood outside the body through an external filter, called a dialyzer. Blood and dialysate flow through in opposite directions and the ...Read more
What causes a person in their early 40's to get shakes and or small tremors for no apparent reason?
Both are good: Both ensure and boost have about the same number of calories (250) as well as more in the plus varieties. Both suppy good amounts of protein, and can be used if you are lactose intolerant or need a gluten free diet. Cost and taste could be a factor, and are both better if chilled. My patients seem to like them both about the same. Consider carnation instant breakfast if money/taste is a concern. ...Read more
Depends: If he is jerking while falling asleep it is common and normal. I'm not sure what you mean by shaking or when this shaking is happening but generally speaking shaking during the night should not happen and should be evaluated be the doctor. ...Read more
Oscillopsia?: Normally the vestibuloocular reflex (VOR) will maintain ocular positioning in space in spite of head / body movement - sort of like a built in gyroscope. Shaky vision with head movement could indicate an impairment of the VOR, usually from an inner ear problem (vestibular system). The condition can be disabling in some situations.Simulation video: http://www.gentamicin.com/symptoms/bouncing-vision ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Optifast shakes nutritional information
- Nutritional value of golds gym shakes
- Leg cramps for people who are on dialysis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can fat people drink protein shakes?
- Best protein shakes for people with thyroid problems
- How often do people need dialysis?
- Pain relief medications for people who are on dialysis
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free