Doctor insights on:
Number Of People With Endometriosis
Its fairly common: Always hard to tell because you need a laparoscopy to confirm the diagnosis, and people with pain get a lot more laparoscopies than people without. That said, when I do laparoscopy with people with pain, a huge percentage of them have endometriosis, well over 50%. There is selection bias here to be sure, but I think we can safely say that its not an uncommon disease. ...Read more
Why does it seem like afterhaving kids make people usually have health probelums such as endometriosis or restless leg syndrome ect?
No: Its not common or it does not increase you chance for having these problems if you have kids. ...Read more
What do they usually do for people with endometriosis (that isn't on the ovaries or uterus but other internal organs like the stomach wall) and pmdd?
Ectopic endometrium: The lining of the uterus is the endometrium. When a woman has her period that endometrial tissue turns loose and is expelled as the menstrual period. Some of the endometrial cells and blood can flow through the fallopian tubes into the pelvis. Because those cells are viable, they can implant and grow. When that happens, the endometrium that is growing outside the uterus is called endometriosis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No biopsy: A great number of women are treated "empirically" based on symptoms of painful menses or dyspareunia. We would never treat breast or prostate cancer without a tissue sample. Laparoscopic examination with sampling and removal of suspicious lesions is a much better approach. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Endometriosis: There are certain proinflammatory substances that are secreted by the ectopic endometrial tissue that are very irritating to adjacent tissues and nerve endings causing pain. These substances, ie prostaglandin, will cause uterine contractions that are also painful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Number of people diagnosed with breast cancer each year
- Number of people with hpv
- List of people with hepatitis b
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do people with cardiac tamponade get very short of breath?
- What are the benefits of vitamin b12 for people with a pinched nerve?
- What is the average age of death in people with lupus?
- Is walking a good form of exercise for people with spinal stenosis?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free