Doctor insights on:
Depends.: Novocaine has not been used in the us for many years. Newer, more effective local anesthetics have replaced it. Some last longer than others and where the injection is given matters as well. Lower teeth can stay numb longer. The amount given will also determine duration. In general, numbness will last from 30 minutes to up to 6-8 hours. ...Read more
Novocaine : is used less frequently today since more effective and less allergenic alternatives such as Lidocaine exist. The "novacaine" has become the generic term for anything that a dentist injects to get you numb.Novocaine is used as an injection form only. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
As needed: Every person is different, some teeth may need less then a cartridge (1.8ml). Some other teeth more then one, the max depends on the age, the heath and the weight of the patient, some agents are more potent then others. Ultimately it depends on your reaction and to the effect of the anesthetic. Hope this help ease your concerns. Good luck, dr mokbel, scdntalimplants.Com. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Allergic to novacaine
- When will novacaine wear off
- What are side effects novacaine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to wear off novacaine?
- Does novacaine cause headache?
- How long does novacaine last?
- Can novacaine wear off faster?
- Talk to a anesthesiologist online for free