Doctor insights on:
Not Producing Enough White Blood Cells
Depends on cause.: Wbcs destroyed by the immune system would be autoimmune neutropenia. Wbcs low from an enlarged spleen would be hypersplenism. Sometimes WBC is low due to severe infection, and that would just be leukopenia (or neutropenia) due to whatever infection is present. Neutrophils are the most common WBC and are usually what is low. Leukopenia refers to all the kinds of wbcs. In aids it's lymphopenia. ...Read more
Fight infections: White blood cells are the cells in our body that fight infections. There are five types of white blood cells: lymphocytes, neutrophils, monocytes, eosinophils, and basophils. Each plays a specific role in the defense mechanisms of the human body. ...Read more
Low WBC: It could either mean your body is producing less or your body is using up more, it isusually the first one though. You should see your doctor asap if you suspect this. It should not be ignored as it could be serious. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Body not producing white blood cells
- What foods produce white blood cells?
- How to produce more white blood cells?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Not producing enough hcg
- Not producing enough urine
- Bone marrow not producing red blood cells
- Reasons for not producing enough breast milk
- Talk to a hematologist online for free