Doctor insights on:
Normal White Blood Cell Count In Children
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
4000-10000.: Normal WBC is 4, 000 - 10, 000. Some populations (asians and blacks) tend to have lower white counts than caucasians, and can have normal counts on the low end between 3, 000 and 4, 000. ...Read more
White count: Between 4000 to 11, 000.Get a more detailed answer ›
WBC count: 5, 000 - 10, 000 (depending on the lab and local population). ...Read more
Often a virus!: While blood cell count can be low with viral infections. Important to make sure that the red blood cell count and hemoglobin are normal and that the while blood cells are normal in appearance. If wbc, rbc and platelets are low, intervention by hematologist is necessary and may require bone marrow. Low WBC should be followed and return to normal when over the viral infection! ...Read more
Variable lab normals: Each lab has normal ranges of the values. White Blood Count normal range is usually between 4.0 and 10.5. Hemoglobin values are usually between 11.0-14.5 for women and 12-15 for men. Rarely do people actually quote the RBC count number although it is reported on most lab reports. ...Read more
Yes: Wbc is not a prominent issue in most cancers. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a normal white blood cell count in children?
- White blood cell count normal range children
- Whats the normal white blood cell count
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- White blood cell count normal value
- Normal white blood cell count range in adults
- What is the normal count of white blood cells?
- Low white blood cell count normal range
- Talk to a pediatrician online