Doctor insights on:
Normal Red Blood Count
Hemoglobin 12-16: There is more than one way to measure red cells. The most meaningful is hemogllbin level, and should be 11.5 - 15 or so in a woman, and 13.7 - 16.7 in men. The actual range varies with each lab and instrument used to measure. An older way of measuring, hematocrit is about 3 times the hemoglobin. The actual red cell count is usually 5, 000, 000, but doesn't carry as much information as hemoglobin. ...Read more
A friend has a below-normal red blood cell count and shortness of breath. Upper and lower endoscopies showed nothing. Lesions in lower intestines.
Anemia: Lots more things to work through, friends doctor will likely be continuing to work the problem. ...Read more
Umbilical hernia. Surgery on Tues. no redness, but very painful. Lactic acid and blood count was normal. Haven't had bowel movemnt in over 24 hrs. ER?
Call your surgeon: Does not sound bad, but if your are concerned, call your doctor to get specific recommendations. ...Read more
My red blood count is 2, white blood count is 4.4, hemoglobin is 7.8, was 5 in in august, what can be done to get it back to normal?
Wow: Those numbers are not good at all - you need to see a hematologist ASAP!!!! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Normal red blood cell count in urine
- Normal red blood count range
- What is a normal red blood cell count range?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the normal range for red blood cell count?
- Normal red blood count for women
- What is a normal red blood cell count?
- Is bright red blood normal during a period ive never bled like this before?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free