Doctor insights on:
Normal Non Diabetic Blood Sugar Levels
• I am diabetic since 5 years,for the last 5 years my fasting blood glucose in between 125-134 mg/dL and my blood sugar level two hours after eati?
No specific question: The fasting blood sugar results you are providing do indeed point to diabetes. Are you under the care of a physician and being treated for the diabetes? If you are on medication I would advise that you follow up with your physician to discuss your results. Heed the lifestyle advice that your doctor gives you, changing your diet and exercising will greatly affect you long term outcome. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
Blood sugar level: 70-120 would be best.Get a more detailed answer ›
Rare: It is possible, but rare. It can occur following GI surgery (eg gastric bypass). Most people who are "hypoglycemic" actually are not. They may have meal-related symptoms, but blood glu is actually normal. The range of "normal" is actually quite broad, and the glu level that triggers a response (adrenaline surge, symptoms) varies a lot. A glu tolerance test is not a good test for this. ...Read more
What are the normal blood sugar levels for non diabetics. I get numbers some times in the 140s- 160's. Not diabetic want to figure if it's normal.
Fasting vs nonfastin: Fasting blood sugar level should be between 60-99 (some lab range is up to 110). 100-124 is considered glucose intolerance, and 125 or above is diabetic. Testing for a protein product called a1c is useful. Any random sugar level above 200 is also considered diabetes. Right after meal sugar can be high-up to 160 within first hour. Anyway, i suggest checking with doc for eval. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can be: It may be normal for you a diabetic would feel weak at 86 but a non diabetic probably goes to the 80's several times a day ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Normal blood sugar levels for non diabetics
- Normal blood sugar levels after eating for non diabetics
- Normal blood sugar levels for diabetics
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Low blood sugar levels in non diabetics
- Normal non fasting blood sugar levels
- What is the normal blood sugar level for diabetics?
- What is a normal blood sugar level for a diabetic?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free