Doctor insights on:
Normal Infant Hemoglobin Levels
This child is ill: You need a ton more information to figure out what is going on with this infant -from how old to the results of very many physical findings and history to may more lab tests. All one can say is this baby is seriously ill and if not in the hospital needs extremely close follow-up until the causes of the severe anemia and high white count are found. Work with doc and get care now. ...Read more
My six month old baby boy's neutrophile level is 9.9% where as the normal range is between 25-30. Where as his hemoglobin is 11.1%. is it OK?
12-15, 13-16: It varies based on the lab but a rough estimate for adults with no medical conditions is 12-15 g/dl for women and 13-16 g/dl for men. Medical conditions will change what are acceptable hemoglobin levels. Furthermore, a women having a hemoglobin of 11 doesn't mean she's anemic and needs a blood transfusion - there are many other factors to consider. ...Read more
Varies a little: Your lab might use different "normal", but in general: 12.1 to 15.1 gm/dl = hemoglobin for adult females. If you have chronic diseases (kidney probs, diabetes, etc.), then you should discuss w/your dr, otherwise, iron-rich foods like dark greens (spinach) and red meat (in moderation) are two obvious answers. Multivitamin w/iron (or prenatal vit) can also help. If still low after 3-4 wks, see ur dr. ...Read more
Erectile dysfunction: I see your main concern is erectile dysfunction at age 30. I am going to assume this is actually hemoglobin a1c levels; your blood hemoglobin is measured in different units. Your level is in the reference range and this rules out diabetes as the cause of your erectile dysfunction. Two causes that are often missed by physicians are prolactinoma ; hemochromatosis. Continue the workup, good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a normal hemoglobin level for a 2 year old?
- Is it normal for hemoglobin level to drop again 2 weeks after blood transfusion?
- What are the normal potassium levels for an infant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Normal hemoglobin and hematocrit levels in pregnancy
- What is the normal hemoglobin level during pregnancy?
- Normal hemoglobin and hematocrit levels for women
- Normal pediatric hemoglobin levels
- Talk to a pediatrician online