Doctor insights on:
Normal Human White Blood Cell Count
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
4,000 - 10,000: This is somewhat dependent on ethnicity. The normal range for caucasions is 4, 000 - 10, 000/ cubic millimeter. People of color (blacks and asians) tend to have a lower wbc, and their normal may go down to 3, 000. The most prevelent WBC is a neutrophil, and there should be at least 1500 neutrophils for all ethnicities. ...Read more
About 4-11: See this site for details. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/complete-blood-count/my00476/dsection=results.Get a more detailed answer ›
White count: Between 4000 and 11, 000.Get a more detailed answer ›
4000-10000.: Normal WBC is 4, 000 - 10, 000. Some populations (asians and blacks) tend to have lower white counts than caucasians, and can have normal counts on the low end between 3, 000 and 4, 000. ...Read more
White count: Between 4000 to 11, 000.Get a more detailed answer ›
WBC count: 5, 000 - 10, 000 (depending on the lab and local population). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Whats the normal white blood cell count
- Higher than normal white blood cell count
- White blood cell count normal value
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the normal count of white blood cells?
- Low white blood cell count normal range
- Is it normal to have low white blood cell count?
- What is considered a normal white blood cell count?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free