Doctor insights on:
Normal Blood Sugar Levels Two Hours After Eating
Less than 140 mg/dL: Less than 140 mg/dl.Get a more detailed answer ›
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
My diabetic grandfather's blood sugar level two hours after eating is 470 mg/dl. He says he feels okay. Does he need medical attention?
I have meter just because. I didn't feel right so I checked my blood sugars. 120 blood sugar level 3 hours after eating. Is this normal?
• I am diabetic since 5 years,for the last 5 years my fasting blood glucose in between 125-134 mg/dL and my blood sugar level two hours after eati?
No specific question: The fasting blood sugar results you are providing do indeed point to diabetes. Are you under the care of a physician and being treated for the diabetes? If you are on medication I would advise that you follow up with your physician to discuss your results. Heed the lifestyle advice that your doctor gives you, changing your diet and exercising will greatly affect you long term outcome. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Standard: Less than 120 less than 200 after ask your doc about hba1c - measures average over 6 weeks with one test. ...Read more
It depends: Upon how long after eating, but is probably normal. Fasting or two hour post-meal is easier to evaluate as there are scientific standards for these time points. An a1c will evaluate glucose over past 3 mos. No matter what your blood sugar, if you're overweight begin a program of education, diet, exercise and weight loss. ...Read more
Under 180mg: Blood sugar leevels go up after eating but typically remain under the threshold level of 180mg, above which kidney can not handle the sugar which begins to show up in the urine. That would be abnormal and indication of glucose intolerance, in other words suggestive of diabetes. ...Read more
A hour after eating steak, brocoli and corn, blood sugar level was 168, is that high or diabetic range? 24 years old
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Normal blood glucose levels 2 hours after eating
- Normal blood sugar range 2 hours after eating
- What is normal blood sugar level after eating 1 hour?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a normal blood sugar 2 hours after eating?
- Normal blood sugar levels 1 hour after eating
- What should blood sugar level be 2 hours after eating?
- What should blood sugar levels be 2 hours after eating?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online