Doctor insights on:
Normal Blood Sugar Level After Fasting
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
100mg/dL or less: Physicians measure patient's fasting blood glucose. This is the blood sugar taken when the patient hasn't had food or drink for at least 8 hours. "normal" is considered to be 100mg/dl or less. There is a little leeway before a level is high enough to raise concern and necessitate intervention though. A non-fasting blood sugar - or random should be less than 150... Especially 2 hours after you eat. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
U r not: Diabetic.Get a more detailed answer ›
Diabetes Control: Fasting under 100 is normal, treated under 120 is pretty good, over 140 not so good. 2 hours after meals normal is 140 to 150 and good control is the same , add 10-20 or so. Many people manage looser but i try to get better control without risking low blood sugars which can be very bad so be careful and work with your doctor closely. ...Read more
What is the normal blood sugar levels fasting and one hour after meals with gestational diabetes?
Here you go...: The chart below shows what blood sugar usually should be during different times of the day. Ask your doctor or midwife what targets are right for you. Before eating less than 95 one hour after eating less than 130 two hours after eating less than 120. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Normal blood sugar level after fasting 12 hours
- Fasting blood sugar levels normal range chart
- Normal fasting blood sugar levels chart
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Normal fasting blood sugar levels for women
- Normal fasting blood sugar levels for pregnant women
- What is a normal fasting blood sugar level?
- What is normal fasting blood sugar level?
- Talk to a endocrinologist online for free