Doctor insights on:
Normal 06 Mo Peeling Skin
Hi! my mom has been experiencing skin peeling of feet and fingertips for about 2 mo's. They get razor sharp hard and leaves painful red area. Help pls?
Happy Skin: Skin is the major protection of our delicate internal tissues from a harsh environment, it is susceptible to injury itself. Sun, shaving and many chemicals are very irritating as well as constant exposure to moisture reduces protective skin oils and sets the skin up for injury. The trick is to apply good protective skin cream frequently and minimize ongoing damage. Clean it using gentle means. ...Read more
See a dermatologist: You need to have this looked at by a specialist and have it diagnosed accurately. Good luck. ...Read more
No: Just leave it alone. It will simply fall off on it's own. If you are worried that the skin is so dry that it may be getting cracked in certain locations (wrists or ankles in particular right after birth), try applying some vasoline or aquaphor ointment. In due time, the old (dead skin) will simply fall off as you bathe your baby and the new skin underneath will be nice and soft. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is peeling skin a symptom of normal 03 mo?
- Is peeling skin a symptom of normal 04 mo?
- Is it normal for skin to peel off after using a wart remover?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does peeling skin associated with normal 01 wk last?
- How long does papules associated with normal 06 mo last?
- Is it normal for a newborns skin to be peeling?
- Normal 06 mo jaundice
- Talk to a dermatologist online