Doctor insights on:
Normal 06 Mo Peeling Skin
Hi! my mom has been experiencing skin peeling of feet and fingertips for about 2 mo's. They get razor sharp hard and leaves painful red area. Help pls?
Avoidance: Avoid trauma look to see if you do repeated traumatic things to the fingers like picking at things, playing guitar etc Avoid hot hand washes Wash hands as necessary not excessively without hard scrubbing emollients to keep them moist ...Read more
See a dermatologist: You need to have this looked at by a specialist and have it diagnosed accurately. Good luck. ...Read more
Yes: If you are talking about the normal peeling of new infant skin in the first month, sure it is fine to do a moisturizer, as long as it is unscented, and preferably a creme rather than a lotion. I recommend eucerin, or even an olive oil based unscented moisturizing creme when baby gets out of the bath, if you are interested to avoid petroleum based products on baby's skin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Here are some ...: Skin peeling usually indicates a skin disorder of chronic nature. Without a direct look at it, it's hard to come up an accurate Dx. So, collect & bring the info on the onset, degree, duration, & progress of the concerns over time to Doc for analysis, physicals, and possible tests so to deduce possible Dx for reasonable Rx / care. Best wish ... ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is peeling skin a symptom of normal 04 mo?
- Normal 06 mo jaundice
- How long does peeling skin associated with normal 05 mo last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is crying a symptom of normal 06 mo?
- Is hiccups a symptom of normal 06 mo?
- Normal 06 mo asymmetric breasts
- Is engorged breasts a symptom of normal 06 mo?
- Talk to a dermatologist online