Doctor insights on:
Non Systemic Lupus
Lupus erythematosus is a name given to a collection of autoimmune diseases, in which the human immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissues.Symptoms of these diseases can affect many different body systems, including joints, skin, kidneys, blood ...Read more
Autoimmune disease: Lupus erythematosus is a chronic inflammatory disease of unknown cause. The immune system attacks the patient's own body (autoimmunity) and can inflame the skin, joints, kidneys, nervous system, lungs, mucous membranes, and other internal organs. A red rash is often but not always present. Thus, it was named lupus erythematosus meaning "red wolf.". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not a simple answer: Currently the diagnosis of sle is based on 11 criteria that the patient may have at once or over a period of time. To have a diagnosis, 4 of them must be met. Some criteria are clinical and others are from lab tests. See your physician if you are concerned about it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
S L E : Systemic lupus erythematosus is an auto immune disease, that can affect skin, joints, kodneys, brain, and other organs.Auto immune means bodys immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues symptoms vary from person to person and may come and go.It is diagnosed with history of symptoms and blood tests for several antibodies it is treated with steroids and non steroidal meds, avoid sun and wear protect. ...Read more
Less now: In the 1950s, 60% of lupus patients died within five years. Now, more than 90% survive beyond five years. Many lupus patients have non-life threatening disease. Kidney or brain involvement portends a worse prognosis. ...Read more
Yes: Many people with systemic lupus have the discoid skin lesions, and many folks with the discoid lesions get the systemic disease within a few years. Good luck -- discoid lupus is a nuisance at best, and systemic lupus is difficult to manage even today. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- How does systemic lupus and parkinson's disease relate?
- Does systemic lupus erythematosus sle cause interstitial cystitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Systemic lupus erythematosus sle comprehensive diagnostic panel
- Will you eventually die early from systemic lupus
- Does systemic lupus erythematosus sle cause migraine headaches?
- Collagen vascular diseases systemic lupus erythematosus sle
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free