Doctor insights on:
Niaspan And Pregnancy
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Starting my 3rd trimester, very low risk pregnancy. Curious about taking 500mg Niacin orally. Use Vitamin D3 and B12 for mild depression.
Category C drug: You a bodybuilder? LOL The "skinny" on this is that niacin is a vasodilator which is why bodybuilders love it (just ask Arnold). It ain't half bad lowering cholesterol as well. But it's labeled a Cat. C risk during pregnancy. That means harm to baby CANNOT BE RULED OUT, Probably safe up to about 18mg daily but best advice is to check with your doctor. Wanna chat? www.healthtap.com/drsaghafi ...Read more
Is it good to have a drink which contains soy protein, hi-maize, vitamin (a c B6 b12), thiamin b1, niacin b3, folate, sodium, potassium in pregnancy ?
Which form: Which forms the vitamins are can matter. For example, B6 comes inactive and also active. The active form of B6 is pyridoxal-5-phosphate. Too much inactive B6 can actually block active B6 from the B6 receptor, creating symptoms of B6 deficiency. Folic acid is synthetic, and too much can be bad also. Methylfolate and folinic acid are what one should take during pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sometimes at nite I wake up feeling like under my skin is on fire. Literally. Is this because of niaspan? I take 2000mgs at nite 1 hour after taking b
24hrs: 24 hrsGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Did you have implantation bleeding and a negative pregnancy test
- Pregnancy after uterine ablation and tubal ligation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you hurt in the lower back and hip in early signs of pregnancy?
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- Is your cervix low and open in the early stages of pregnancy?
- Missed period fatigue and negative pregnancy test
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online