Doctor insights on:
Niacin.: Supplementing with 2000-3000mg of flush free Niacin daily can help to control your cholesterol levels quite nicely, even increasing your HDL and converting your LDL to a less harmful subtype. As a negative, Niacin can cause facial flushing and redness so get the flush free variety. And have your liver enzyme values monitored, as they can be affected by Niacin use. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can you take GNC ripped vitapak for women if you are on bystolic and digoxin? It has niacin and water pill in it.
Not a good idea!: This product has a compendium of some useful ingredients, but mostly at ineffective doses. Heart over stimulation is possible from the "thermogenic blend" that has 200 mg caffeine and may have other harmful heart effects. No diuretic rx is included, but a diuretic effect from caffeine dose would be expected. The added Niacin is at an insignificant dose and not interactive. There are better otc's. ...Read more
I'm taking trilipix (135mg) and lovaza....They're fairly expensive...Can I substitute them with OTC niacin and OTC fish oil pills? Thanks!
Generic fenofibrate: My guess is you have very high trig level to require both trilipix and lovaza. You must know about the importance of lifestyle factors. You could try otc omega 3, but if your trig level is over 500, it is highly advisable to continue trilipix or a generic fenofibrate. Generic Fenofibrate is less effective than trilipix and needs to be taken with meals. Especially fat meals. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are niacin pills giving my face a red flush?
- Can pills enlarge my breast?
- Diet pills are really safe
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does fish oil pills really make your butt bigger?
- Should you keep taking active pills if you get your period early
- Morning after pill twice in one month
- Begin taking birth control pills during period
- Talk to a cardiologist online