Doctor insights on:
Newborn Excessive Sleeping
Sleep like your baby: Once your joyous bundle arrives, sleep suddenly becomes a hot commodity. Only getting 2-3 hours of shut eye at a time can be quite a shock to your system. Just remember this: it won't last forever and you will get more sleep with each passing month. Take these midnight nursing and feeding sessions for what they are, intimate bonding time for you and your baby. Also? Sleep when the baby sleeps. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Up for feed every3-4: Newborns sleep about 20 hours out of 24 a day. Initially day and night should be about the same. The baby needs to feed every 3-4 hours day and night. Initially if your baby gets to that 4 hour limit, you need to gently stir them to feed.Once your baby is gaining good weight and is back to birth weight, you might be able to stretch that night feed to 5 hours. Ask your baby's doc how often! ...Read more
My newborn sleeps a lot. He is 3 days old. Since we brought him home today he barely want to be nursed. He only wants to sleep. Please help.
Sleep - newborn: When he gets toilt trained.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Excessive body heat while sleeping
- Excessive saliva during sleep
- My newborn wont eat he just sleeps all day
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do newborns eyes roll back when they sleep?
- Excessive twitching during sleep
- Newborn won t sleep unless held
- Is it normal for newborn to twitch when sleeping?
- Talk to a pediatrician online