Doctor insights on:
Excellent question: General anesthesia is being put out completely. Regional anesthesia involves anesthesia only to the area involved such as a leg or an arm. Therevare many wsys to administer this. Local anesthesia is numbing of the nerves in a specific location. Sometimes different combinations are used to get the best results. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
An upper respiratory: Infection should be cleared up prior to elective and semi-elective surgery. Having a URI during anesthesia can lead to intra-op complications like bronchospasm and respiratory collapse and post-op complications like pneumonia and prolonged intubation. Consider a preop course of antibiotics if appropriate. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Kidney surgery : Partial nephrectomy refers to surgical removal of part of the kidney, usually because of a small tumor/abnormal growth of the kidney. A radical nephrectomy (total kidney removal) is done for larger tumors, or if the partial nephrectomy is not technically possible. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Nephrectomy : " open" means a procedure performed through a relative large incision. Radical means they will remove not only the target organ ie kidney but also some surrounding tissue such as the fatty tissue surrounding the kidney along w lymph nodes. Radical surgery is recommended when there is a cancer concern. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after general anesthesia is it completely out of your system?
- Can anesthesia delay your period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long until numbness goes away after wisdom teeth removal anesthesia?
- Diarrhea after general anesthesia
- Itching after general anesthesia
- Numb tongue after anesthesia
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free