Doctor insights on:
Need To Stillbirth
I had an stillbirth at 20th week of pregnancy on oct 13th, will i have difficulty in conceiving again? Wat i need to do?
Not necessarily: If you haven't had trouble conceiving in the past there is no reason this would increase the risk in the future but your doctor does need to look into the reason for the still birth to try to keep it from recurring. Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy next time. ...Read more
Stillbirth: The cause of the first stillbirth would help determine your recurrence risk. In general, there is a 3 - 5% risk of recurrence. Older women however have a greater chance of stillbirth. A consultation with an maternal fetal medicine specialist may help you estimate your recurrence risk and plan your next pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Maybe: If your stillbirth occurred in the second half of pregnancy (greater than 20 weeks), your body needs time to recover from the physical and nutritional demands of pregnancy. Pregnancies in less than 6 months can be associated with a slightly higher risk for preterm delivery and growth restriction. Nutritionally, you should at least stay on prenatal vitamins or take supplemental folic acid. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It varies: If this has affected you, I am sorry for your loss. The death of a child before or after birth will strain the relationship in ways that do not make sense. Now is a time to work hard to reaffirm your love for one another. Ask your physician about support groups; there is no one-size-fits-all answer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Autopsy: The main test on the baby is an autopsy to look for birth defects or other causes for the death. The placenta is examined and cultures done. The mother may have tests for viruses and other infections, diabetes, thyroid or bleeding problems. Even with all these tests it's not unusual to not find an answer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Try resolve through sharing.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Urgent need to get rid of a stye on my eyelid overnight
- How long after unprotected sex do you need to get a std screening?
- Do i need to take an extra birth control pill if i have diarrhea?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can you live in liver failure before you need to have it replaced?
- Do you need to be fasting for a blood pregnancy test?
- Why do i need to see a hematologist with a low white blood cell count?
- Why does my butt tingle when i need to poop?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free