Doctor insights on:
Need To Keloids
Keloid Treatment: Keloids are "overhealing" outside of the area of actual trauma. They can be helped by injections of an anti-metabolite, 5 flourouracil, done every few weeks in the office to help soften and shrink them sometimes they have to be irradiated or excised. Nd-yag laser tx's and topical silicone can help take the redness out. Laser kills hair follicles, that may be a source of inflammation ; growth. ...Read more
Plastic surgeon: Please see a plastic surgeon for proper management. ...Read more
Hi, I have a huge keloid on my scalp as a result of a deep cut that needed stitches. There is no hair growth on the keloid. What are my options please?
I have problem with my left ear. It has a keloid on top of it. Need to remove. My problem is won't it come back again?
Certainly possible: Because you have the keloid, you have a greater possibility of recurrence If you decide to have it removed, make sure a Plastic Surg does it. There are some things that can be done with and just after the removal to decrease the recurrence rate, but there always the possibility of recurrence. ...Read more
I had surgery last year and now I have a keloid on my stomach. I am now pregnant, do I need to worry about it as I get bigger?
Possibly: It depends on whether this is a true keloid or a hypertrophic scar. The difference is sometimes not clear, but a keloid generally extends beyond the limits of the original scar, the ht scar does not. If the scar is just thickened, the stretching of the abdomen with pregnancy may actually thin it out. I wouldn't be too concerned about this. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had a vulva biopsy on a mole, something went wrong, I have elevated skin that is painful- i was told it was not a keloid scar, but may need to see a plastic surgeon- what happened to result in this?
Had a vulva biopsy on a mole, something went wrong, I have elevated skin that is painful- i was told it was not a keloid scar, but may need to see a plastic surgeon- what happened to result in this..
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Urgent need to get rid of a stye on my eyelid overnight
- How long after unprotected sex do you need to get a std screening?
- Do i need to take an extra birth control pill if i have diarrhea?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can you live in liver failure before you need to have it replaced?
- Do you need to be fasting for a blood pregnancy test?
- Why do i need to see a hematologist with a low white blood cell count?
- Why does my butt tingle when i need to poop?
- Talk to a dermatologist online