Doctor insights on:
Reproduction: A louse achieves maturity in about 10 days and can begin laying eggs, which in tern hatch & begin the cycle over. They lay their eggs at the hairline, so the distance of the nits or egg casings from the scalp give you an idea how long they have been active. Hair grows about 1/2 inch/mo so a nit an inch from the scalp tells you there has been time for several generations to emerge. ...Read more
YES!: Vector transmission occurs when lice are spread through inanimate objects. For instance the lice can be on brushes, combs, hats, headphones, scarves, sweaters, coats, bedding, towels, upholstered furniture, carpet, stuffed toys & seats in a variety of areas. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
When we should repeat the treatment to kill all parasites...In scabies or pediculosis ? Is that selective of obligatory to repeat ?
Scabies/ Lice: Both r notorious, need complete eradication from body, clothes, sofa, beds, siblings, friends..., i mean must leave your house and contacts. Scabies med. From head/neck to toe, repeat after 7 days; follow instruction clearly. Pediculosis can be in head, armpit, pubic and any hairy areas. Sometime resistant. Go online/google, look for restistnt peduculosis eradication tips. Talk to your doc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When is a hymenectomy needed
- Urgent need to get rid of a stye on my eyelid overnight
- How long after unprotected sex do you need to get a std screening?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much pee is needed for a drug test?
- Do you always need a prescription to get an oxygen tank?
- How long can you live in liver failure before you need to have it replaced?
- Do you need to be fasting for a blood pregnancy test?
- Talk to a pediatrician online