Doctor insights on:
Neck Stretching Exercises
Slow & steady & safe: Neck tightness can be slowly and carefully remedied by gently rotating the neck trying to tough your chin to each shoulder, bending the neck sideways to have the ears touch the shoulders and bending forward with chin toward chest and backward with chin toward the sky. ...Read more
Yes: Too much of anything including stretching can be harmful. I recommend stretching exercises a lot however there are some people who are a bit too flexible and risk damage to their joints if they overstretch. Most people have the opposite problem; they are too inflexible. ...Read more
See below: While it is difficult to actually "break" your neck by stretching you should follow this rule. Any stretch that causes pain for you is too much. Distinguish between the feeling of a good stretch and a stretch that is causeing pain. ...Read more
Are you trying?: Not without help. You'd have to really try yourself and the strength of the neck muscles alone is not sufficient. We generally recommend against attempts nonetheless as physicians. ...Read more
What happens to your neck during a traction session? Are portable neck traction units beneficial not the one over the door? Please help
For a 54 year old woman who's 52kg or 115lbs, what weight is suitable for neck traction and what weight for lumbar traction?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Stretching exercises for bulging disc in the neck
- Do neck stretching exercises work?
- Stretching exercises for back neck after scoliosis surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Neck stretching exercises for torticollis
- Is it possible to increase height through stretching exercises?
- Stretching exercises to increase height in a month
- Neck pain exercises
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free