Doctor insights on:
Contact lenses: Yes, contact lenses can solve your problem. ...Read more
Changing myopia: Briefly, there is not way to permanently correct myopia without surgery. Myopia is due to the combination of the eye length, the corneal steepness (refractive power) and the lens. To change myopia, one or more of these would have to be changed. Optometrist with variable success use contact lenses sometimes to temporarily change the eye surface and myopia. Corneal or lens surgery are needed. ...Read more
Not a cure but: Laser vision correction surgery is the only proven way to "cure" myopia. However, in selected patients, specially fitted contact lenses can be used to reduce your myopia so that you can see without glasses. This is called orthokeratology. Retainer contacts are required to maintain the effect. There are optometrists who employ this technique. ...Read more
I see ads about lasik, but what is now the most accurate and the safest type of surgery for nearsightedness?
Yes: There are procedures for farsighted eyes and for nearsighted eyes as well. See an ophthalmologist to discuss your options. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should i get lasik eye surgery to correct my nearsightedness at age 18
- Nearsightedness lens
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes nearsightedness?
- How to cure nearsightedness naturally?
- Can i decrease nearsightedness?
- Can nearsightedness improve?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free