Doctor insights on:
Nearsighted How Often Should You Need New Glasses
Progresses: Nearsightedness (myopia) mostly starts in late childhood and adolescence with progression at a gradually slower rate through the mid 20's. For a while you might see better with glasses every two years but less frequently as you age. You may find the one you get at age 25 is the last change until you hit middle age stuff at age 40. ...Read more
I have astigmatism and I am nearsighted. I wear glasses for astigmatism but I still have it when wearing them. Is that normal or do I need new glasses?
Could you get under eye twitching if you need new glasses? I have had an on and off twitching for a couple of months; had eye exam in June.
Eyelid twitching: Eyelid twitching often occurs with fatigue, and if vision is poor during reading, it may occur more often. It may occur independent of vision. It is a condition called blepharospasm- normally no treatment is needed. http://www.neurocuro.com/blepharospasm-eyelid-twitch/ ...Read more
Not often: Glasses are needed when the vision changes noticeably or you lose or break the old ones. Eyeglass makers and optometrists are obsessed with having folks come in annually and almost always find a "change" this is marketing. Be careful when a recommendation for new glasses is made especially in the face of an annual examination. ...Read more
Need useful vision: You can put of improving the vision with your glasses (putting off updating) as long as the vision your current pain gives you allows you to successfully perform your personal and work related tasks. If these are suffering, than you need to 'bit the bullet' and pay for an update, as well as to determine if the worsening of vision is just eyeglass needs or some other problem. ...Read more
Blurred vision: If the distance vision has become blurred with your current glasses so that it is difficult to see road signs, drive at night, read tv print, etc. Then a new prescription may be needed. If for reading, new glasses may be needed if you feel eyestrain symptoms, if you have to hold material further away to read, or if the near vision is blurred or fluctuates in clarity. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often should you urinate per day?
- How long and how often per day should you do steam inhalation for sinusitis?
- How often do you have to have tonsillitis before they should be removed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How often should you lift weights if neck stiff?
- How often do you need a touch up or enhancement after laser eye surgery?
- How often should you put ice on your knee for swelling?
- How often should you use exfoliating body wash on back acne?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free