Doctor insights on:
Natural Remedy For Gerd
None: Stick with conventional therapies.Get a more detailed answer ›
Dx w/gerd, treat with natural remedies, but GERD flare-up after bad dinner last night. Minor head cold w/sore throat. Painful combo! throat hurts!help?
Small meals: Small frequent meals, low in fat and fried foods- cause they delay stomach emptying. Foods that dont contain caffeine such as coffee and tea and dark chocolate would be helpful since these products also increase acid production in the stomach. If overweight, losing weight can decrease the pressure on the abdomen that is contributing to reflex. ...Read more
Calm your volcano: Time for change: *stop smoking. *avoid triggers: caffeine, chocolate [sorry!], alcohol, citrus, sour/acid foods, fatty/spicy foods, carbonated drinks, garlic, spearmint. *eat small meals. Sit down and eat slowly. *reduce stress. *after you eat, wait 2-3 hours before laying down. Get checked for h. Pylori germs, which can kick up the acid in your stomach. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Several: Several surgical options are available for the treatment of reflux. The most common is a laparoscopic nissen fundoplication. It works very well but does have some side effects, such as inability to vomit, gas bloat and trouble swallowing. My favorite is the tif (transoral incisionless fundoplication). It controls reflux very well without the nissen side effects. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Natural remedies for enlarged spleen
- Are there natural remedies for shellfish allergies?
- Are there any natural remedies for gangrene in a diabetic?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Natural remedies for broken capillaries on face
- Natural home remedy for removing scars from burns on the skin
- Which natural remedies can i take for anovulation
- Natural remedies for petit mal seizures
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online