Doctor insights on:
Natural Cures For Meningococcal Meningitis
Risk for meningitis: Meningococcal meningitis is an infections disease, spread by close contact with infected individuals or carriers of meningococcus. The risk is high in populations such as college student, camps and schools, especially boarding schools. Known contacts of infected individuals should consult their doctor about the need for prophylactic treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Get vaccinated: Vaccines are available that help boost resistance to meningocal meningitis.It covers 4 strains of the germ and may provide some cross resistance for others. It has been in regular use amoung teens & college age kids for some time.If u are directly exposed to a case, several days of abx are given to supress it before it starts. Effective handwashing and other hygenic practices round out your options. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infection vs sequela: The duration of treatment depends on the presentation. If it was caught early and appropriate antibiotics were started the studies have shown that the CSF is sterilized before the 4th day (in immunocompetent patients). If it was more advanced, associated with bacteremia and sepsis then 7 days is the norm. About 10% of individuals will suffer from long-lasting sequelae that will need further help. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Natural cure for meningitis
- Meningococcal meningitis rash
- Bacterial meningitis vs meningococcal meningitis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is the meningococcal immunization the same as a meningitis shot?
- Lifestyle factors affecting meningococcal meningitis
- What is the difference between meningococcal sepsis and meningococcal meningitis?
- What is the difference between meningitis and meningococcal infection?
- Talk to a neurologist online