Doctor insights on:
Naproxen Vs Acetaminophen
Yes: Naproxen is an nsaid's (non steroidal anti-inflammatory medications) are very effective for mild to moderate pain. They work by inhibiting the inflammatory cascade. They work throughout the entire body. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is also a pain reliever for mild to moderate pain. The 2 medications work by different pathways and therefore can be taken together - i would suggest alternating the two. ...Read more
Yes: They can be taken together but if they're used long term, kidney function should be monitored as the combination can increase the risk of injury over time. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Naproxen vs ibuprofen vs acetaminophen
- Naproxen sodium vs acetaminophen
- Naproxen sodium vs ibuprofen vs acetaminophen
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does naproxen contain acetaminophen?
- Acetaminophen or naproxen for headache
- Naproxen and acetaminophen at the same time
- Can i take acetaminophen with naproxen?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free