Doctor insights on:
Nair Chemical Burns
I have nair chemical burns on my under arms, legs, and groin area. How do i treat them and how long before they heal and the discomfort goes away?
OTC help: You can use over the counter (otc) aloe vera. This will help both soothe and heal the overlying skin discomfort. ...Read more
I got a chemical burn from useing nair ion my vaginal area how long do i need to wait before getting into a chlorine pool?
Never: First off I advice people to never use Nair or other depilatory products on the sensitive pubic area. Now that one has the burn, it is best to protect it from other chemical irritants until it is completely healed. I would include a chlorinated pool and tight clothing to the list of irritants. ...Read more
Stop using it: Avoid nair if you got a chemical burn. Consider using an electric trimmer or just letting the hair grow back. If you are trying to heal it, first use gentle soap and water to get all nair off, then treat like any other burn. Aloe, vitamin e, and antibiotic ointment are popular treatment options. Keep the affected area out of the sun, or permanent discoloration may occur. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Chemical burns from hair dye
- Nair chemical burn treatment
- Nair chemical burn
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Chemical burns in kids from chlorine swimming pools
- I put nair on my upper lip and it burns
- How to treat chemical burns on face?
- Nair chemical burn on face
- Talk to a dermatologist online