Doctor insights on:
My Voice Is Croaky
My voice is really croaky in morning until i speak for a while and also get extremely dry throat which chokes me until i drink. What could it be?
I have to constantly clear my voice or it gets croaky and 'phlegmy'. How can I keep my throat clear?
Larynx irritation: The voice is formed by vibrating the vocal chords. If the chords are swollen, irritated, or damaged, the vibrations will be "out of tune", and you may be hoarse or lose your voice entirely. ...Read more
Voice: There are multiple ways to evaluate the voice. We can measure the essential frequency, measure vocal range, determine is cough/clearing is a problem, and do an endoscopy to look at the vocal cords. Talk to your doctor about going for an evaluation if there is a problem. An ENT or speech pathologist referral may be indicated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Fertility tests for men at home
- Extreme tiredness in early pregnancy sign of boy or girl
- Heat cramps
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Antibiotic ointment for lips
- Childhood lead poisoning
- Pediatric orthopedic surgeon
- How to use a pregnacy test?
- Talk to a head and neck surgeon online for free