Doctor insights on:
My Toddler Swallowed Lysol Disinfectant
No. The 5 kinds of: Botulism are: Foodborne, from foods that contain botulinum toxin; Wound infection; Infant & the rare Adult, from ingesting spores of Clostridium botulinum & Iatrogenic, from Botox overdose. Do not give honey, raw or undercooked foods to infants < 12 mos. The bacterium can live on cleaned carpets, floors & countertops; spores, in dust & soil. See: cdc. Gov/nczved/divisions/dfbmd/diseases/botulism/ ...Read more
What would happen if you mistaken a lysol disinfectant wipe from a baby wipe and do a diaper change?
No: Just do not inhale the vapor.Get a more detailed answer ›
Rinse skin: Lysol disinfectant spray is not intended for use on the skin. It can irritate the skin. Key to rinse area well if sprayed on skin. Also avoid spraying eyes. Keep skin clean using soap and water. ...Read more
Flush eyes!: Lysol can be very irritating to the eyes at the least, and can be quite harmful. Flush the eyes with copious amounts of water immediately and for several minutes. If you do not feel better within a couple of minutes, go to an emergency room to have the eyes checked. Burns to the eye from chemicals can be dangerous. ...Read more
I am about 5 weeks pregnant and just did quite a bit of cleaning (without gloves or a mask) with lysol disinfectant wipes. Should I be worried?
No: Lysol disinfectant is a safe product, even if you did a lot of cleaning! . It may cause eye irritation if you get some in your eyes, and possible skin irritation if you have sensitive skin. There are no known cancer causing ingredients and no known dangers if inhaled to the degree you would be exposed while cleaning, so you and your baby will be fine. Wear gloves if you have skin irritation tho'! ...Read more
I was using a Lysol disinfectant spray. After I was done I rubbed my eyes, but forgot I was using the spray earlier. Should I be worried about this?
Not to worry: If there was enough on your hands to cause any damage to your eyes, you would have had an immediate sense of discomfort and pain. The fact that you are asking the question, indicates that your eyes did not react and you did no harm. ...Read more
I sprayed a Lysol disinfectant in the air. Some of the disinfectant got into my mouth which has caused nausea and stomache upset. Is this harmful?
Ingestion: It is unlikely that you ingested enough of the chemical to pose serious threat, but calling your local poison control center is a good idea. They can educate you more on symptoms to be on the watch for and advise you on actions you can take to minimize your risk. ...Read more
I sprayed Lysol disinfectant to a plastic wreath about a month ago. Today a thin leaf from it got into my eye. Can the Lysol chemical on it harm my eye?
No: By this time the Lysol has dried and can not harm you the biggest risk is a scratch from the leaf ...Read more
Can I spray Lysol disinfectant on a fabric toy for my newborn if after it dries I wipe off the tether part with a wipe or soap and water?
I never would: I would invest in a fabric steamer or such a tool used in cleaning. Steaming such a tool would sterilize the surface, evaporate & cool with no damage to the fabric. It would leave behind no chemicals. ...Read more
If often wonder if I use lysol disinfectant wipes or some time of clorox cleaning spray, if I wash my hand after can I finger food? Safely
My 10 year old daughter accidentally wiped her vagina with a lysol disinfectant and now she is bleeding. Is this a side effect or shall I say this could be her period.
I have staph/suspected MRSA on neck. Its covered, treated w meds topical n oral...C as n child sleep in same bed if I lysol sheets before?
Why take risks???: Mrsa aside, why are you sleeping with a child. Cosleeping with infants is associated with suffication deaths (see aap position statement pediatrics 11/11). By mid childhood this fosters dependence at a time when kids should begin to create their own individuality & accomplishments. ...Read more
A child I babysit came down with hand, foot, mouth virus, will Lysol wipes kill this virus? What is the best prevention?
My toddler is having a bowel moment 4 times a day and struggling to do so. How do I know if he has swallowed a object and tryingto pass it?
"I want to know what happens if you accident eat/swallow a fly's eggs? Is it harmful? May you please help me? My toddler picked up a egg roll that wa
Nothing special: The stomach acid i\they encounter will usually destroy them within minutes of ingestion. ...Read more
My toddler chewed on an unlit cigarette. I don't think he swallowed much, so should I tell anyone?
Take him to the: Emergency room immediately. They will be able to do an Xray and then you will know for sure. Open staples can cause bleeding, obstruction (if there were enough) and perforation of the intestine. You may get there and find out that everything is fine, but you shouldn't wait for symptoms to appear.... ...Read more
Air swallowing: Toddlers do the oddest things... sometimes they do get into a habit of "air swallowing" and then belching. Often if they notice a reaction in your face to the habit, it will reinforce it and they will do this more often. Ignoring is the best. Sometimes kids will do this in response to heartburn or reflux symptoms, so it is a good idea to have an evaluation by your pediatrician to investigate. ...Read more
My toddler swallowed a cherry pit. Should I be worried? I read that the pit could be toxic? Very worried.
Fruit seeds: If you accidentally eat a cherry pit in a pie or swallow an apple seed or two, you'll be fine. If you eat enough apple seeds or cherry pits, you could die. Cherry pits, and seeds from related fruits, including peaches, plums, almonds, pears, and apricots, contain cyanogenic glycosides. Your body can detoxify small quantities of cyanide compounds. Keep pits away from toddlers as they can also choke ...Read more
If toddler did swallow a piece of copper wire that broke from old dvd player what symptoms would I look for?
Abdominal pain: Ouch. Assuming it made it to his stomach, you'd worry about an end perforating his stomach or intestine--which could make him very sick. Most things pass without problems, but an x-ray would tell you if you need to watch them very closely. ...Read more
My toddler swallowed a pair of stud earrings. Any need for panic? Toddler is male. 1 year old. Swallowed a pair of diamond studs. Should I go to the er?
REGULAR VISIT OK: Unfortunately we have plenty of experience with this. If the pair made it into the stomach it should pass within 3-4 days (2 at earliest unless the kid has diarrhea).You can feed the kid some stewed okra, this forms a congeal around the sharp points and helps it pass. Your doc can x-ray the kids belly Monday and locate its position. I suppose you want to retrieve them so check diapers. ...Read more
Watch & see: It is expected necklace will very likely be excreted in 24-36 hours. If not, seek a medical attention. ...Read more
My phone adapter broke off in my phone and I think my toddler might have chewed on the small metal prongs or swallowed one. Should I be concerned?
So many neat things: Toddlers do like to understand things and for most tasting is just another way to explore stuff. If the kid can swallow liquids easily, any prongs have made it to the stomach and leave through the poo in a few days. Stewed okra can wrap around the object and smooth its passage. Your ped may have a metal detector in the office but it could take x-rays to confirm it. I don't know that I would bother. ...Read more
Toddler aspirated on 8/12 swallows of various thickness during study. Seems like a lot to me. Doc not worried. Am I overreacting?
More information:: Depends on the testing. Depends on the health state and age of the toddler. Who did the testing, what did they measure. Are there any other health problems? ...Read more
Toddler aspirated 8/12 swallows various thickness during swallow study. Doc not worried. I am. Seems like a lot to me. Am I overreacting?
Seems concerning: Swallowing studies that show aspiration are usually concerning. If the swallow shows episodes of reflux but your child is not in pain and is thriving well, then that is a reason to not be concerned. If your child is aspirating into his/her lungs during a feeding study, this is concerning. See a gastroenterologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Sprayed lysol disinfectant
- My toddler swallowed chewing tobacco
- What happens if you swallow disinfectant?
- Lysol burnt my throat
- Toddler swallows shower gel
- Toddler accidentally swallowed ibuprofen pill
- What would happen to my eyes if lysol disenfectant spray was sprayed in them?
- Inhale lysol
- Lysol in toddler s eyes