Doctor insights on:
My Stool Is A Funny Color
I passed a bit of blood in my stool had a funny taste in my mouth funny smell swollen stomach pains in my stomach top and bottom can not eat properly and bring like water up I have be like this for a couple of months I am waiting to have a camera I do no
For the last three weeks now my stool texture and color has changed . Stool seems to not be well formed and soft and dark ?
From time to time, my stools appear to gritty and sand like in color. Some days I have bms all day. What would cause this?
Grit and sand.: Certainly would go through the digestive tract undigested. Furthermore, cellulose is not digested and the hulls of small grains (brown rice, bulghur, quinoa, many others) would go through and be small fibrous flakes/particles. Bowel activity varies day to day, but if high fiber (see prev sentence) then increased motility results. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Should be ~same.: You stool should be predictable in consistency, color and schedule, assuming there are not daily and drastic modifications of your diet, and assuming there's not a medical condition that it making your stool change out of your direct control. Daily alterations in the color and consistency of your stool would not be considered normal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bile: The greenish color in stool is the breakdown product of the bile when it has not been in the gut long enough to go through a change to yellowish or brown. It is normal as is the loose consistency. Some digested material will take on a darker tint than others & the germs in the gut will also impact the final product. I'd ignore the whole issue. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My urine is a funny color
- I have a funny smelling goo coming from my belly button what is this
- What is wrong with my finger nail it has a tan or coffee color line growing out?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is my stool green in color?
- Why is my stool black in color?
- What could it possibky mean if my urine is commining out a greenish color?
- Why is my urine a goldish color?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online