Doctor insights on:
My Sprained Finger Is Hot
A sprain is a medical term that describes an injury to soft tissue structures in the area. Common examples are a lumbar sprain, in which you might injure muscles in your back; or an ankle sprain in which you could injure ligaments about the ankle. Sprains can be from mild to severe, and so ...Read more
Ice and early motion: It is important to find out if the finger is sprained and not broken. The only way to know for sure is to get an x-ray. Once a fracture is ruled out, an early protected range of motion exercises can begin. Finger joints can get stuff quickly, so it is important to get them moving as soon as possible. Talk to a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and/or an occupational therapist for treatment. ...Read more
4-6 weeks: A very bad sprained finger can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal. If your finger still hurts a lot after 2 weeks, go see your doc to check for possible stress fracture. Each week you should feel better, be able to move your finger more. If your finger stops improving or gets worse, you should see your doc. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Finger splint: To lessen mobility of finger & reduce discomfort, so that it can heal faster. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why would my sprained finger be hot and swollen?
- Is my finger sprained or broken?
- Why is my ankle sprain hot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i know if i sprained my finger?
- Why is my ankle red and hot and sore to touch after an ankle sprain?
- Why is my ankle red and hot to the touch after an ankle sprain?
- How should i bandage my sprained foot and my broken finger?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free