Doctor insights on:
My Sprained Finger Is Hot
4-6 weeks: A very bad sprained finger can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal. If your finger still hurts a lot after 2 weeks, go see your doc to check for possible stress fracture. Each week you should feel better, be able to move your finger more. If your finger stops improving or gets worse, you should see your doc. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ice and early motion: It is important to find out if the finger is sprained and not broken. The only way to know for sure is to get an x-ray. Once a fracture is ruled out, an early protected range of motion exercises can begin. Finger joints can get stuff quickly, so it is important to get them moving as soon as possible. Talk to a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and/or an occupational therapist for treatment. ...Read more
R.I.C.E.: Rest (limit your activities with the finger), immobilization (with a splint to limit movement), cold (packs of ice, 20 mins on, then 20 mins. Off) and elevation (above the heart, whenever possible to reduce swelling). If r.I.C.E. Does not provide sufficient relief, or if you are in severe pain, then it's time to see you doctor to confirm the diagnosis. Over the counter tylenol or Motrin can help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is my ankle red and hot to the touch after an ankle sprain?
- Why is my ankle red and hot and sore to touch after an ankle sprain?
- Why would my sprained finger be hot and swollen?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is my ankle sprain hot?
- Is my finger sprained or broken?
- How do i know if my finger is sprained?
- The tip of my index finger is numb
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free