Doctor insights on:
My Sister Has Pulmonary Fibrosis Can She Take Valerian To Help Sleep
Yes: No known or suspected contraindication.Get a more detailed answer ›
I have been diagnosed with Interstitial lung disease and post inflamatory pulmonary fibrosis. o2s are 94-98% when awake and 88-89% when sleeping. should I be using oxygen when sleeping? prognosis?
Antihistaminics.: May be antihistaminics without decongestants!Get a more detailed answer ›
I am overseas and have a diagnosis of COPD and pulmonary fibrosis by two doctors in the same clinic withct scan, X-ray and spirometry. Should I take a secondopinion in the us?
Treatment...: Both COPD and pulmonary fibrosis can be diagnosed by the doctors via the tests that you describe. So, the diagnosis is likely correct and is unlikely to change by having these tests repeated in the us. The etiology of the pulmonary fibrosis should be sought, if possible, so it can be treated before more scarring occurs, if possible. COPD treatment, including smoking cessation, is also needed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have SLE Lupus and pulmonary fibrosis. Is there a way to get rid of the cough. I use oxygen, take prednisone, cellcept, antimalarial meds.
Could not help much: I am sorry to tell unfortunately ,with the SLE and pulm. fibrosis bec. of the lung scarring you have this cough which couldn't be helped much . Supressing cough with medicines like codeine linctus help in heart failure patients ,but in ur case ,should not precipitate infections by suppressing cough. If you are on medicatio like lisinopril for HTN/kidney dz from lupus , it can also contribute ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Check out this link.: Take care! http://www.Medicinenet.Com/script/main/mobileart.Asp?Articlekey=1981.Get a more detailed answer ›
No: Weather does not make a difference for pulmonary fibrosis. Altitude does. In pulmonary fibrosis it is harder for oxygen to cross into the bloodstream. Higher altitudes have lower oxygen pressure compounding the problem. Ultimately, living at lower altitudes does not affect survival or the course of the disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do to help my baby sleep when he has a cold?
- My daughter has cervical dysplasia and she is pregnant what can i do to help
- My son inlaw has concrete burns what can we do to help with pain
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a kid take melatonin with vyvanse to help them sleep?
- My husband has a prostate infection is there anything i can do to help him
- My mom keeps saying she is going to commit suicide what can i do to help her
- Should i take my baby to the doctor if she has a fever over 100 degrees
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free