Doctor insights on:
My Pubic Hair Is Falling Out
Alopecia is the loss of hair. Hair loss can be caused by different reasons, including damage to the hair shaft or follicles. Fungal infections can also cause hair loss. There are two main types of alopecia. Alopecia areata occurs when the body's immune system attacks hair follicles and causes hair to fall out. Androgenetic alopecia, on the other hand, is an inherited form of hair loss. With alopecia areata, hair can fall out in patches all over the body. With androgenetic alopecia, hair on the head thins and falls out. In men, this is called male pattern hair loss; in women, it is called female diffuse hair loss. About 60% of people with androgenetic alopecia are men. Hair loss caused by ...Read more
Im a young male and my pubic hair is falling out im proune to getting boils could this course it? Its also red
Lice yes herpes no: if you are intensely itchy down there and scratching aggressively, an infection with lice is possible. Look for bugs moving and nits on the hair shaft. If you don't have itching or signs of an infection, the diagnosis of alopecia areata should be considered. Go see a dermatologist ...Read more
Scaly skin, sparse pubic hair, patchy mustache, and underarm hair loss, generalized diffuse hair loss on scalp, slow hair growth, and normal tsh? How?
My pubic hair falls out a lot sometimes even like 10 hairs at a time when I run my hand through the hair. I'm a 12 year old boy. What's going on?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is my hair falling out every time i run my fingers through it?
- My hair is breaking off and falling out
- Why is my eyebrow hair falling out?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Im 14 and my hair is falling out
- Why is my hair breaking and falling out?
- Why is my hair falling out in clumps?
- My hair is falling out in clumps
- Talk to a dermatologist online