Doctor insights on:
My Parents Are Worried About My Health Now That I Have Myositis Why Is It Bad
What's diagnosed with Rhabdo last month however I'm now starting to think that I was miss diagnosed. Due to my current weakness could Myositis be it?
Myositis: Myositis (inflammatory) is a form of Rhabdo (rhabdomyolysis the process ) The question is did you have a singular episode as in marathon runners , in accidents if trauma, heart attack, medication,( amphetamines,statins,colchicine), low potassium ,infection. sickle trait or is it recurrent autoimmune, check CPK, ESR, ANA, CRP,, echo ( heart), CMP,CBC. f/u/ w/ doc/ or go to ER- today. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had myositis few months ago in my shin.severe pains.then it got okay. but now as the weather gets cold it is hurting again. why do this happen ?
Get eval: You need an orthopoedic eval to truly answer your question. This could range from benign problem to something systemic, but hands on eval with x ray and possibly blood work up will reveal the correct diagnosis and then treatment can prevent the next problem ...Read more
I've been diagnosed with chronic myositis/myalgia for over a yr now. I'm stumped. Am i disabled, no one wants to hire me because of the meds i take?
Not disabled: You need more precise dx. Myositis is muscle inflammation for which rx (approved or even off-label) may reduce symptoms. Myalgia is muscle pain w/o inflammation also treatable but often with adaptive behavioral changes, low impact exercise, yoga, etc. Rx may help also. No reason to give up or go on disability. See a rheumatologist. ...Read more
Just recently diagnosed with myositis, osteoarthris in my knees and feet, how worried should I be about this, seems that nothing works for me.
Depends on true diag: At age 38 you are young to have a diagnosis of osteoarthritis. You need to clarify whether the diagnosis of myositis is actually myofascial pain. Clarifying the diagnosis is important for therapy. You need to exercise, control your weight and other therapy depending on the correct diagnosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My parents are worried about my health now that i have insulinoma why is it bad
- I have been having a bloody nose for a week now should i be worried
- Should i be worried about calcification on my testicle
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I am worried about your health and scared sms
- I have cervical dysplasia should i be worried about cervical cancer
- I just had my period about a week ago but now i am having brown discharge
- My mom has arthritis should i be worried about getting it too
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free