Doctor insights on:
My Parents Are Worried About My Health Now That I Have Insulinoma Why Is It Bad
It's cancer!: Any type of cancer can understandably cause anxiety and fear within patients and their loved ones. The prognosis of insulinoma depends on the stage at which it was diagnosed, and how it is responding to therapy. Surgery can often be curative, but if discovered in a later stage, it can be very difficult to treat. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
An insulinoma is a tumor of the pancreas that secretes insulin. The beta cells in the pancrease secrete Insulin in response to high glucose levels in the blood. Since an insulinoma is a collection of abnormal cells, an insulinoma will produce Insulin regardless of the blood glucose levels and can cause profound hypoglycemia ...Read more
Blood and imaging: Insulinoma is diagnosed with blood tests and imaging. Fasting levels of c-peptide, Insulin and glucose are done. Ct scan or MRI can determine if a pancreatic mass is present. Endoscopic ultrasound is also useful for imaging abd obtaining tissue for diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Insulinoma: An insulinoma is a tumor of the pancreas that secretes insulin. The beta cells in the pancrease secrete Insulin in response to high glucose levels in the blood. Since an insulinoma is a collection of abnormal cells, an insulinoma will produce Insulin regardless of the blood glucose levels and can cause profound hypoglycemia (low blood glucose levels). ...Read more
Won't work: Insulinomas are cruel tumors that are usually semi-malignant and pump insulin into the bloodstream, sickenng the person and forcing them to overeat. If a savvy physician makes the call, they can often be cured surgically. In type I diabetes, immunity destroys the normal islets and would destroy an insulinoma. In type II, one's resistant to insulin. Glad your own endocrine tumor was R'd. Good luck ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My parents are worried about my health now that i have myositis why is it bad
- What does it mean if i have protein in my urine is that a serious health issue?
- My esr and crp levels are high is it due to the fibromyalgia that i have
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is it when i sleep on my back i have really bad dreams?
- I have a little white hard bump that developed on my eyelid what is it
- I have a scab on my head that wont go away is it cancer
- Why is it that in a quiet room i hear my ears ringing?
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free