Doctor insights on:
My Newborn Is Weazing
See the doctor: The wheezing noise babies make can come from the upper airway tract (nose, back of throat) or from the lower airway tract (lungs). In a small child, it is important for a physician to determine where the noise is coming from, as that determines how serious it may be and what may be a possible treatment. In a newborn, i would suggest having them seen soon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Seek medical care: Contact your pediatrician or call 911.Get a more detailed answer ›
Time to call the Dr.: A 2 week old baby is vulnerable to infections, and if he catches one, he needs to be examined by the doctor. If his doctor is not available now for advice, he should be seen at a children's emergency room or a regular emergency room. A wheezing and coughing newborn should not wait, but should be seen now. ...Read more
Bronchial spasm: Your airway is made of tubes called bronchi. The smaller tubes at the ends are called bronchioles. They are lined with muscles that can constrict (squeeze) or dilate (expand). Anything that makes the bronchioles constrict (infection, allergies, etc.) will make you wheeze. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Breathing noise: Wheezing typically refers to the high-pitched noise heard when air is forced through narrowed lower airways during asthma. Pprimarily on exhale when mild, then also on inspiration when airways are tighter. At its worst, air hardly moves: thus no wheezing at all, an ominous sign, and is an emergency. Wheezing is not stridor (upper airway) nor sonorous rhonchi (larger airways). Experts can sort out. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is my newborn breathing so fast?
- What are the chances my newborn son will have diabetes if my husband is type 2?
- What is causing my newborn to have blisters on her forehead?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for my newborn to sleep more then 6 hours without eating?
- Is it normal if my newborn has a little red bumps on her face?
- My newborn has bumps on her face is this acne
- What should i do if my newborn is vomiting and seems to have trouble breathing?
- Talk to a pediatrician online