Doctor insights on:
My Mind Is Racing What Does It Mean If A Boy Has Congenital Heart Defects
A number of things: The prognosis for children with congenital heart defects really depends on the exact nature of the defect. Some are easily correctable by surgery, some don't need surgery at all and others need a series of more complicated surgeries. In any case keeping in close contact with your pediatrician and cardiologist is very important. Good nutrition will help your child heal well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: A heart defect you are born with does not mean it will be diagnosed early. It may be mild, moderate, or very serious. Serious problems are usually found quickly. They include "holes in the heart", valve problems, malformed or absent chambers, valves, or blood vessels. About 1 % of all babies are born with some type of defect. They are usually diagnosed shortly after birth, occasionally much later. ...Read more
My fiance has congenital heart defects and now I wonder what I am getting into. Will this affect his ability to work?
It depends!: It depends on which congenital heart defects he has, what surgeries have been done to repair them, and what his current cardiac status is now. I recommend having your fiance schedule an appointment with his cardiologist, so that you can ask his cardiologist these questions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is considered the number one way or treatment for congenital heart defects or "hole in heart"?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My mind is racing what does it mean if a girl has atrioventricular septal defect
- My mind is racing what does it mean if a girl has pyloric stenosis
- My mind is racing what does it mean if a girl has cerebral palsy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My doctor said my heart has extra beats what does this mean
- Does congenital heart defects cause fetal death?
- My father has neuropathy what does this mean
- The most common cyanotic congenital heart defect is what
- Talk to a pediatrician online