Doctor insights on:
Causes Of An Itchy Leg After Amputation
Yes: Yes. These are phantom sensations or pain. They are very common soon after an amputation and can persist sometimes years after. Most often they die down with time. People who had a lot of pain just prior to the amputation are more likely to experience phantom pain. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
When i stand still the inside of my leg itches incredibly bad I have had this for about 7 years and im not sure what it is?
Tough to say: You need to see a dr. And get a an official history and physical to determine what issues you have. Probably not a dermatitis if it only happens when standing. May be some nerve irritation caused by a standing position irritating your sciatic nerve, that is somehow causing the feeling of "itching" to the area a nerve branch is innervating, a simple guess on the computer though.Get eval, good luck. ...Read more
Leg lump: could be a new boil that initially swells and stretches skin and itches like zits, could be a fatty tumor, if stays and gets bigger, needs doctor visit... ...Read more
Serious problems: Serious conditions such as severe infections or very low blood flow to the leg can lead to amputation. Sometimes a serious infection can get into the bone causing osteomyelityis, and sometimes antibiotics do not always work. Low blood flow risks are increased in cigarette smokers and diabetics. Ischemic or infected tissues can sometimes cause serious troubles, negatively affecting other organs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does it feel like my head is rushing?
- Why does my right calf feel numb like it is asleep?
- Why does it feels like my knee is grinding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does it hurt when my leg falls asleep?
- Why does my skin feel like it is burning?
- Why does it seem my overbite is getting worse i grind at night?
- Why does my body temperature keep fluctuating is it the female hormones?
- Why does my leg feel like it is burning?