Doctor insights on:
My Kneecap Burns
All around my kneecap on the skin above it feels on fire, like rug burn. No trauma, out of the blue. Almost raw. Why all of a sudden would this happen?
Many possibilities: Pain in the kneecap can have many possible causes, including chondromalacia (cartilage pain), patellar tendonitis, a fracture, or even internal derangement of the knee (ligament or meniscus issue in the knee joint). Best to see your doctor to exam you and find the cause. ...Read more
PF instability : Your symptoms suggest patellofemoral or kneecap instability . See your ors for examination. Pf instability can make your knee feel like it's going to 'buckle'. Quad strengthening/ bracing is initial treatment.When your knee 'bows in' you are probably seeing the inside of your med.Fem condyle w/ your kneecap slipping 'laterally'. Gl! ...Read more
See: An orthopedist.Get a more detailed answer ›
Several things: Most likely, you've had an injury resulting in improper tracking of your kneecap within your knee joint. Rest should help the condition. If it doesen't improve after a couple of weeks, or if it worsens, see your family doctor. ...Read more
Maybe but needs eval: You may have broken the patella ( knee cap). You should be evaluated by an orthopaedic surgeon. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What if the out side of my vagina burns and hurts when i wipe?
- My clitoris burns
- My penis burns when i urinate
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean if my virgina burns during sex?
- When i cough my chest burns
- Aloe vera burns my skin
- What does it mean when my vagina burns particularly after sex?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free