Doctor insights on:
My Husband Has Type 1 Diabetes What Is The Risk For My Children
Diabetes risk: Having an immediate relative with type 1 dm increases one's risk of developing dm by 10-20 times. Comparing mother and father, if the father has type 1 dm, the risk his children will have it is approx 1 in 10, if mother has it, the risk is lower to 1 in 25. If a brother has it, the risk of another sibling has dm is 1 in 10. ...Read more
Presistent increased frequency of emptying bladder, urinating, as a symptom of a disease state. 2 types: Mellitus (high blood glucose) & Insipidus (inadequate anti-diuretic hormone). In Diabetes mellitus, the far more common, glucose concentrations are ↑ed due to combination of 8 organ system changes referred to as the "ominous octet" & aggravated by intake of sugars (simple & complex ...Read more
Probably not: The risk of your children getting t1dm is higher than if your husband did not have it, but it is not very high. About 1 in 17. Check out the ada web site: http://www.Diabetes.Org/diabetes-basics/genetics-of-diabetes.Html type 2 diabetes is actually more strongly inherited than t1dm. ...Read more
See prior , plus: A complex question, but the best rx starts with everything that would be advised for the healthy development of any child. Type 1diabetic places that person at risk of more rapid agingof cardiocascular system. Additionally, maintaining a normal wt for ht, keeping an active lifestyle, eating healthy small meals 4-5 times daily, reg checkups, self-monitoring of bs. Love, don't smother, don't spoil. ...Read more
What to do if i want to help children who have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. How to go about it?
Be understanding: Dm type 1 is a difficult disease to deal with especially for adolescents. The best thing is to be understanding as they may feel different from others which can lead to noncompliance and try to teach them early the importance of good blood sugar control and healthy balanced meals. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My daughter has type 1 diabetes and celiacs disease will her children have both diseases as well?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the chances my newborn son will have diabetes if my husband is type 2?
- What is the most common cause for having diabetes in children type 1 or 2?
- What is the matter with my feet one has no arch but the other does?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the safest type of car i can buy for my family and our new baby?
- What is the most likely reason for clicking in my throat when i swallow?
- My 2 year old has a terrible cough what can i give her that is over-the-counter
- What is the best home remedies for pimples on my butt?
- Talk to a pediatrician online