Doctor insights on:
My Girlfriend Has Cf What Are Some Things I Could Do For Her
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disorder involving lungs & digestive tract, causing recurrent lung infections due to thick inspissated mucus & poor growth in majority of patients due to malabsorption. Treatment involves inhaled respiratory therapies to prevent lung disease & pancreatic enzymes to enable absorption of nutrients. Average life expectancy is near 40 years, ...Read more
Period due today but nothing yet. My CF is sticky and think. Nipples are perkier and super sensitive. What could this mean?
The past 2 days my 18 wk daughter has had tears that leave salt. I googled & I'm now very scared could be cf! She has been on amoxicillin since Sunday?
Test for CF is easy: With conjuntivitis or dry eyes, particles of whitish material can collect around the eyes. This will likely go away whe your daughter is better. However, CF is easily diagnosed by a sweat test. If you are concerned, ask your doctor to do a sweat test. http://www.cff.org/aboutcf/testing/sweattest/ ...Read more
13 month old son, sweat test 56. Only has breathing issues, no other symptoms of CF and does not taste salty. Any hope that he could be negative?
Maybe: Side effects with Pulmozyme are various and can include irritation of the throat, nose and voice changes. It can also cause hoarseness. I use a fair amount in my patients and have not seen it increase respiratory rate. I guess if it was irritating the airway you could breath faster due to pain/discomfort. I don't think that increased resp rate is very common on this drug. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Confusing question: Your question is unclear. CF is caused by a mutation that is expressed as an autosomal recessive genetic disorder. What your question about it is vague at best.Please start over and be specific about what you are asking.Questions are not linked, so start over. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some physical therapy exercises i can do for my sprained hand?
- My wrist has been hurting for a few months and hurts badly what should i do
- My child has had a runny nose for 2 weeks what can i do
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some good exercises i can do if i have broken my ankle to keep in shape?
- What are some safety precautions i should take for my newborn baby at home?
- My friend has a bad headache and her stomach hurts what should i do
- I just practiced for track yesterday and my upper legs are sore what do i do
- Talk to a pediatrician online