Doctor insights on:
My Friend Got Csf Otorrhea Why Is That
Otitis? Trauma?: Complicated otitis can cause lesions in the inner/middle ear that erode through the brain coverings (meninges) threatening meningitis and encephalitis with serious or even lethal consequences. CSF otorrhea can alternatively be the result of tumors of trauma to the base of the skull and is a very serious condition - emergent medical care should be sought with ent, neurosurgery, and neurology. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
CSF Otorrhea: Depending on the cause, trauma vs spontaneous, the presence of an abnormal communication between sterile subarachnoid space with the flora of the sinonasal places your child at great risk for meningitis, which is potentially life threatening. Your child should be evaluated by an otolaryngologist immediately who may refer you to a neurosurgeon if a complex operation is indicated to seal the leak. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
A serious condition: CSF is cerebrospinal fluid, the fluid that surrounds your brain and spinal cord. CSF otorrhea is when the fluid is draining out of your ear. It is considered a sign of a basilar skull fracture. It can also be associated with leakage thru the nose which is refered to as CSF rhinorrhea. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
It depends: It depends on the cause- basilar skull fracture, recent surgery, congenital, inner ear disease or rarely spontaneously. Also implied is a perforated ear drum allowing the leaking CSF to exit the middle ear into the external ear canal or eustachian tube. Meningitis must be identified if present. Treatment could involve antibiotics, diuretics, steroids or surgery. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Talk to doctor: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. If the doctor who ordered the test is not able to interpret it, it would be useful to talk to the pathologist of the lab that did the tests. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is my girlfriend bleeding qhwn she just got off her period and cramping?
- Why is it that in a quiet room i hear my ears ringing?
- My leg skin is kind of shiny and cracked never had that before why
- Why does my neck click when i turn my head a certain way is that good or bad?
- My right eye lid is drooping more than the left side why could that be
- Nausea after hitting the head
- After using my vibrator having sex with my partner is painful why is that
- Why does my child that is 11 feel dizzy?
- Talk to a neurologist online