Doctor insights on:
My Father Has Atrial Septal Defect What Can I Learn About This
ECHO/CATH.: Need to dtermine the type, (secundum, primum, sinus venosus, unroofed coronary sinus, patent foramen ovale) the shunt fraction, is there pulmonary hypertension, is it reversible, are there other congenital cardiac or anomalous pulmonary venous return. Depending on the age, are the coronaries normal or with associated coronary artery disease. Tx is closure. Talk to cardiologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is a PFO the same as atrial septal defect? Echo states abnormal shunt suggestive small atrial septal defect.What does suggestive mean is it def small?
I have an 11mm unrepaired atrial septal defect. It has grown larger since it was discovered in 2011. Do asds ever shrink?
Two choices: Depending upon the characteristics of the defect; there are 2 ways to close an atrial septal defect. The traditional approach has been surgery with a success rate of nearly 100%; however there is a risk of arrhythmia and effusion. More recently, catheter delivered closure devices have been used for select patients.. The overall success rate is about 98% and the risk of complications is lower. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See a cardiologist: There are some potential problems for anyone with an ASD in adulthood & hopefully you have access to a cardiologist. Small defects can often be closed today thru a catheter by an interventional cardiologist. Disorders in heart rhythm and or other problems may need attention. Call your pcp discuss your options. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Trying to learn all i can about chilblains my grandchild has it please help
- My brother has atrial flutter should i be worried about this
- I have like super dry crusty skin in between my toes what can help this
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I can see black lines in one of my eyes what could be causing this
- What exercise routine can i do if my knee has little or no remaining cartilage?
- What can i do about a puncture cut on the bottom of my foot?
- I have a scattered red rash on my hands and face what can this be
- Talk to a pediatrician online