Doctor insights on:
My Eyes Hurt When I Run
I feel dizzy all the time. My eyes hurt. I get lots of head pain. Feel generally tired and run down.
3yr old daughter always very tired, with "tummy pains" eye pain and now headaches? Dr hasn't run any tests yet.. Been going on for about 2months.
Refraction lubricate: First make sure that you have the proper refraction. At age 45, patients may start to develop presbyopia, the need for glasses to focus close-up. When you use you are tired your blink rate will be reduced. This will contribute to dry eye. If your eyes feel scratchy i would suggest a lubricating drop prior reading or watching tv. And get some sleep. ...Read more
Protective reflex: The only source of bright light while eyes were evolving was the sun. Staring into the sun could cause a burn of the light reception and permanent damage. So the eye has evolved to avoid such an exposure. The eye does not "know" whether it is sunlight or bright artificial light so it reacts with pain and avoidance when a light is centered on the eye. ...Read more
Call PCP: A 4yo with a fever usually just has a viral infection; however, with eye or other neurologic complaints, at least speaking with someone who can ask further questions to assess is warranted. Your pediatrician may want to see the child to be sure that a more serious infection or other problem is not going on. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why my knee hurts when i run?
- My hamstring hurts when i run and when i stretch
- The side of my knee hurts when i run
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When i run my neck hurts and cramps
- Why when i run my lungs hurt?
- When i run my brain hurts
- My arches hurt when i run on the treadmill
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free