Doctor insights on:
My Eyes Burn After Swimming Or Exercising Why
Goggles: May be sensitivity to pool chemicals..Prevention with goggles may be best. ...Read more
Salt water related: While salt water pools may have few benefits, it is not for everyone and may invoke different reaction in different people based upon their salt-water bablance and tolerance to change. The effects may be exacerbated due to additions of chlorine etc. Make sure you know what is in the pool before jumping in, esp with kids. ...Read more
My eyes are blurry after swimming and it has been hours i can't get it to go away. I've tried eye drops, rinsing eyes and a cloth what else could i do?
Blurry after swimmin: Chlorine and other chemicals (plus the hypotonic water) from pools will often cause a prolonged blurring of vision. Using goggles is advisable. Artificial tears and time will usually resolve this. Sometimes a 5% nacl solution (muro 128) will help, but it stings. If it lasts more than 24 hours medical care should be sought from an ophthalmologist (infections and other diagnoses are possible). ...Read more
My vulva and urethra burn after swimming. All pools in my area are chlorinated. Is there anything i can do to prevent this?
Tight Goggles: Tight goggles can definitely cause this. Or allergy to the rubber compound of the goggles. Try different brand and looser ones. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my anus burn after pooping?
- Why do my legs burn when i put lotion on them after i shave?
- Why do my eyes turn red and watery when i use makeup or eye shadow?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why are my eyes swollen after blepharoplasty?
- Why do my eyes feel tired after i take out my contacts?
- Why does my skin burn when i put lotion on after shaving?
- Why does my stomach burn after i eat?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free