Doctor insights on:
My Eyes Blur When I Readwhat Does That Mean
Usually Blepharitis: Blepharitis or plugging up of oil producing glands of the eyelid which is stress related is extremely common these days. The stale oil is discharged at night and can form a crust on the eye lashes. Occasionally a lingering viral infection may keep a crust on the eyes. You should see an ophthalmologist for proper diagnosis and treatment. ...Read more
Uncertain: Rarely blue sclera is caused by osteogenesis imperfecta (many subtypes), Ehlers Danlos syndrome, & and Marfans syndrome to name a few. If you are concerned that you may have blue sclera, it would be important to have a comprehensive opththalmological examination. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can happen with...: ...Infection, or narrowing of the tear duct (dacryostenosis) - your doctor can tell the difference. ...Read more
Not really weight: Your eyes may have a heavy/pressure feeling, but this rarely means that real pressure is building in your eye (glaucoma). The main reasons for this are that your eye surface is dry/irritated, or that you're getting eyestrain from trying to do near vision work. This latter condition is an age-related focus dysfunction (presbyopia) that can be fixed with glasses. See your doctor just to be safe. ...Read more
Melanosis: The most common cause of something like this would be what we call racial melanosis. This is a just an increase in some of the pigmented cells on the surface of eye. It's almost always benign but can rarely turn into something more concerning. I would have an exam periodically. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when i have crust in my eyes?
- What does it mean when the whites of my eyes?
- What does it mean when my babys eyes a really watery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I yawn a lot does this mean that my eyes are dry
- If i have bad night vision does it mean my eyes are bad
- What does it mean when my lower stomach hurts when i pee?
- What does it mean when i lose circulation in my arms when i sleep?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free