Doctor insights on:
My Eyelashes Are Touching My Eyes
Ck for allrgy of eye: It is a good idea to rule out allergy of eyes that may be affecting the conjunctiva or the cornea. ...Read more
Losing hair: Calls for evaluation by pcp to rule out organic causes, ex. Low thyroid function. ...Read more
I have 2-3 eyelashes that grow down and are bothersome. They irritate my eyes. Can I stop them from growing like that?
Trichiasis: Trichiasis is a common eyelid abnormality in which the eyelashes are misdirected and grow inwards toward the eye. They can rub against different parts of the eye which, understandably, is irritating. It can be caused by an eye infection, inflammation of the eyelid, autoimmune conditions or trauma. You can't stop it but offending eyelashes can be removed sometimes with surgery. See your Eye Doctor. ...Read more
Not a problem: The eyes constantly renew eyelashes and these drop on the cheek and a few into the eye. The clean up mechanisims of the eye can handle this without problem. If you are having constant irritation, it might be something else such as allergy or an ingrown eyelash pointing to the eye. Your ophthalmologist can sort this out. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My eyelashes are scratching my eyes
- Uvula is touching my tongue
- My uvula is touching my throat
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hair touching my ear drum
- What happens to eyelashes falling into eyes?
- Losing my eyelashes
- Why are my eyelashes crusty?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free