Doctor insights on:
My Eye Keeps Twitching What Does That Mean
The bottom of my left eye keeps twitching ..For.The last 3 weeks and wont stop...Foes it mean something?
Fasciculations: Small, local, involuntary muscle contractions are called fasciculations. They're caused by spontaneous firing of lower motor neurons & can occur in any skeletal muscle in the body. They're commonly encountered in healthy people and are rarely concerning. The cause is most commonly benign. They should subside, but if they continue to bother you, your primary care doc can refer you to a neurologist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Ocular irritation: Likely causes of twitching of the eyelid (eyelid myokymia )are related to ocular surface irritation, whether its from dry eyes, eyelid inflammation, allergies, dust, wind, medications, or stress. First trial artificial tears 4-6 times per day. Warm compresses and lid massages may also help. See an eye md if these don't help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Muscle spasm: What you describe sounds like a common condition called orbicularis oculi myokymia. It's a type of spasm in muscles around the eye. It tends to present in times of stress. It can cause the vision in that eye to vibrate, as well. If symptoms are severe or not resolving over time, you should see an ophthalmologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My left eye keeps twitching what does it mean
- My right eye keeps twitching what does it mean
- What does it mean if my eye keeps twitching?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when my bottom lid of my eye is twitching?
- What does it mean when your eye lid keeps twitching?
- My eye is twitching what does this mean
- What does a brown spot on my white part of the eye mean?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free