Doctor insights on:
My Ears Are Plugged Up And Hearing Is Muffled What Should I Do
My ears feel plugged and muffled and I am now extremely sensitive to sound. Hearing even footsteps hurts like crazy. Is this a normal earache?
No: An earache means your ear actually hurts. Does your ear hurt? Are you more sensitive to internal sounds such as that occurs when chewing or hearing your own footsteps rather than of others? If that is the case and your ear does not hurt, when considering your other symptoms, it sounds like you may have accumulated fluid behind your ear drum, what we call serous otitis media. ...Read more
After I went swimming, the next day, I blow my nose, it sounded as if my hearing was plugged in my right ear. Now a few days later, I woke up and I couldn't hear, it was like very very muffled, still is. I had my GP look at my ears, say it's wax build up,
Ear wax: What is the question?Get a more detailed answer ›
Ear has felt plugged, I put a few drops of peroxcide and laid on my side for 30 minutes. Now clog feels worse and I have a slight loss of hearing. ?
Annoying isn't it?: Annoying when that happens right? If you think there's a wax plug then, best to put mineral oil in there for cleaning purposes in order to clean the canal out. If your wax plugs are stubborn you may need to do this for several days. Peroxide is useless. I don't know where that myth got started (probably in the Wild West?). You should then, seek out a doctor to unplug you...not the Q-tip company! ...Read more
I'm a 20 year old sound engineer, is there value in getting my ears clean? I have excellent hearing but feel like my ears could be plugged.
Maybe: It could be wax..Which is easy to fix. It could be eustachian tube (tube thats connects ear to nose) dysfunction which can give you the feeling that your hearing is a bit muffled (like when you are in an airplane). The only way to know is have an md look. It can also be the start of real hearing loss. Don't be shy about having it checked since you rely on your hearing for your career! ...Read more
My right ear has been ringing and feels plugged for 3 days. It also feels itchy! what could it be? Hearing is fine, when i talk it sounds different.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I woke up and my ear is plugged
- My gums are inflamed and causing me pain what should i do
- Tilting my head back causes vision and hearing loss what should i do
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do i do when my wife is prego and she wipes up a little pink in her pee?
- My husbands left eye is swollen and im wondering why and what i should do
- What should i do if my newborn is vomiting and seems to have trouble breathing?
- What should i do if my baby is throwing up blood?
- My toddler wakes up at 4 am and watches tv is that okay what should i do